Language. These folktales are told in contemporary English, so the language used should not pose any problems.
Story Length. This unit contains only single-page stories.
Navigation. You will find the table of contents below, and you can also use this link to see the story posts displayed on a single page: Khasi Folktales.
- The Tiger and the Monkeys
- The Legend of the Iei Tree
- Hunting the Stag Lapalang
- The Goddesses Ka Ngot and Ka Iam
- U Biskurom
- How the Dog Came to live with Man
- The Stag and the Snail
- The Leap of Ka Likai
- What caused the Shadows on the Moon
- U Ksuid Tynjang
- What makes the Lightning
- Ka Panshandi, the Lazy Tortoise
- How the Cat came to live with Man
- How the Tiger got his Strength
- Why the Goat lives with Mankind
- How the Ox came to be the Servant of Man