Sometimes it can help to have some prompts to get started, so here are some prompts for various stories in this unit of Welsh Stories (Thomas):
- What kind of dreams might Arthur and the knights in Arthur in the Cave be having before and after their sleep is so rudely interrupted by this interloper?
- Tudur ap Einion might need therapy after these adventures! Imagine him going to see a therapist and sharing his dreams.
Prequels and Sequels:
- Tell the story of a treasure hunter who seeks - and finds - the treasure Merlin has buried in the story of the Red Dragon; include some elements from the original story in your sequel.
- Imagine a sequel in which the devil from The Devil's Bridge gets his revenge on Megan (and make sure to start off with a few sentences that explain just why the devil is taking revenge).
New Characters Speak:
- What if, instead of Merlin giving the prophecy, the Red Dragon spoke up with the prophecy...?
- What might The Stray Cow tell its companions under the lake about her adventures among the humans?
- Tell the story of Einion and the Lady of the Greenwood from the point of view of Angharad as she writes in her diary.
- Tell the story of March's Ears as the diary of King March and/or the diary of the barber.
Twist the Plot: