Language. These stories are told in modern English prose, so the language used should pose no difficulties.
Story Length. These are all single-page stories.
Navigation. You will find the table of contents below, and you can also use this link to see the story posts displayed on two pages total: West Africa. Click "Older Posts" at the bottom of that page to see the second page.
Table of Contents:
- How We Got the Name "Spider Tales"
- How Wisdom Became the Property of the Human Race
- Anansi and Nothing
- Thunder and Anansi
- Why the Lizard Moves His Head Up and Down
- Tit For Tat
- Why White Ants Always Harm Man's Property
- The Squirrel and the Spider
- Why We See Ants Carrying Bundles As Big As Themselves
- Why Spiders Are Always Found in Corners of Ceilings
- The Grinding-Stone That Ground Flour By Itself
- The Moon and Stars
- How the Tortoise Got Its Shell
- The Hunter and the Tortoise
- The Leopard and the Ram
- King Chameleon and the Animals
- Elephant and Wren
- The Ungrateful Man
- Why Tigers Never Attack Men Unless They Are Provoked
- How Mushrooms First Grew
- Farmer Mybrow and the Fairies