Language. Jacobs draws on various sources for these stories, but they are all modern English sources, so the language used should not be a problem.
Story Length. This unit contains single-page stories, with just one two-page story.
Navigation. You will find the table of contents below, and you can also use this link to see the story posts displayed on two pages total: Indian Fairy Tales. Click "Older Posts" at the bottom of that page to see the second page.
- The Lion and the Crane
- The Broken Pot
- The Magic Fiddle
- The Cruel Crane Outwitted
- The Tiger, The Brahman, and the Jackal
- The Charmed Ring
- The Charmed Ring (cont.)
- The Talkative Tortoise
- The Gold-Giving Serpent
- Pride Goeth Before a Fall
- The Prince and the Fakir
- Why the Fish Laughed
- The Demon With the Matted Hair
- How Sun, Moon, and Wind Went Out to Dinner