Aesop's Fable 117: The Camel and Zeus

Once upon a time, very long ago, the camel used to have beautiful long ears. Instead of ears, though, the camel wanted to have horns like a bull. "The bulls are so lucky to have horns on their head that protect them from their enemies!" said the camel. "I wish that I had horns on my head like a bull."

The camel wanted horns so badly that he climbed all the way up Mount Olympus in order to ask Zeus, king of the gods, to grant his wish. "O Zeus," said the camel, "please give me horns on my head like a bull!"

Zeus was not impressed by the camel's request. "You have beautiful long ears," Zeus said to the camel. "Isn't that enough for you?"

"But I want horns," protested the camel.

"You greedy creature!" Zeus replied. "Instead of giving you horns, I am going to crop your ears." So he did, and that is why today the camel has no horns upon his head, and his ears are short, not long.

The moral of the story is that you should appreciate your good qualities instead of comparing yourself to others.