Language. Thompson's book is an anthology of stories takes from various anthropological sources, written in a variety of styles. Some of the stories are told in a more traditional oral style, while other stories are edited in a style more like literary prose.
Story Length. Most of the stories in this unit are two or three pages long.
Navigation. You will find the table of contents below, and you can also use this link to see the story posts displayed on two pages total: Native American Hero Tales. Click "Older Posts" at the bottom of that page to see the second page.
- The Jealous Uncle
- The Jealous Uncle (cont.)
- The Jealous Uncle (end)
- Bluejay and His Companions
- Bluejay and His Companions (cont.)
- Dug-From-Ground (cont.)
- The Attack on the Giant Elk and the Great Eagle
- The Attack on the Giant Elk and the Great Eagle (cont.)
- Lodge-Boy and Thrown-Away
- Lodge-Boy and Thrown-Away (cont.)
- The Son-in-Law Tests
- The Jealous Father
- The Jealous Father (cont.)
- Dirty-Boy (cont.)